Terms and Conditions
1. The Draw: The Win a House Cork draw (the “Draw”) is operated by Enable Ireland Disability Services Limited, Enable Ireland Head Office, 32F Rosemount Park Drive, Rosemount Business Park, Dublin 11 (the “Promoter”) under a lottery licence issued by the District Court in Cork under Section 28 of the Gaming and Lotteries Acts 1956 to 2019. The purpose of the Draw is to raise funds for the benefit of Enable Ireland Cork Services, Enable Ireland’s Children’s Centre in Cork and the children and adults who Enable Ireland supports. The Draw is undertaken in accordance with these Terms and Conditions (”Terms) which are binding on all participants in the Draw.
2. Tickets: Each ticket costs €100 and each ticket purchased entitles the bearer to one entry to the Draw. Persons may purchase more than one ticket. The maximum number of tickets that will be made available is 10,000. If you purchase a ticket on behalf of someone else, you must put the other person’s name and contact details on the ticket and it is your responsibility to ensure that these Terms are notified to the owner.
3. Eligibility: The Draw is open to anyone over the age of 18 years with the exception of the following:
- Directors, Senior Management of Enable Ireland and their immediate families
- Employees of Enable Ireland
- Persons directly involved in the promotion and management of the draw
4. Prizes: Total value of all prizes under this lottery licence is €360,000 and comprises the
a. 1st Prize: A 3 bedroom semi-detached showhouse, at 31 The Willows, Janeville, Carrigaline, Co. Cork (the “Property”) valued at €330,000.
b. 2nd Prize: A Honda Civic car valued at €25,000. Sponsored by Astra Construction.
c. 3rd Prize: €5,000 cash sponsored by Right Price Tiles & Wood Flooring.
The Prizes are as stated and no alternatives will be offered. The Prizes are non-transferrable.
5. Determining the Winners: The Draw is currently scheduled to be held at a venue in Cork (venue to be confirmed, subject to public health guidelines) on 16th April 2021. However, the Promoter reserves the right to change the date of the Draw to a later date (being no later than 30 November 2021). A notice will issue on the Enable Ireland website and via all usual social media channels three weeks in advance once the location and date are finally confirmed. The drawing of the winners will be independently observed by RSM Auditors & Accountants. The winners will be drawn at random and determined based on the name and contact details on the winning tickets (as evidenced by the unique number allocated to the ticket as confirmed by email by the Promoter at the time of purchase), regardless of who paid for the ticket. The first ticket drawn shall be the winner of the first prize, the second ticket drawn shall be the winner of the second prize and the third ticket drawn shall be the winner of the third prize. The winners as determined by the Promoter in the presence of the independent observer will be final and no appeals or correspondence will be
6. Contacting Winners: The Promoter will use all reasonable endeavours to contact the winners using the contact details provided on the winning tickets. However, if the Promoter is unable to contact the winners within 21 days of the date of the Draw, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel the ticket and select an alternative ticket for the relevant prize. Evidence of identity and age (over 18) that matches the winning ticket will be required before a prize will be awarded.
8. In addition, to vindicate any of your data protection rights, such as right to rectification or access to data, we will request identify verification documents such as passport, driver’s licence, utility bill (less than 6 months old).
9. Property Transfer Arrangements: The legal title to the Property will be transferred to the winner free from any financial interest, entitlement or encumbrances as soon as practicable following the Draw. The Property will be transferred “as is” at the date of the completion of the Draw and any implied warranties or other conditions in relation to the condition or state of repair of the Property or any fixtures, fittings or furnishings are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. The winner will be required to appoint his or her own solicitor to attend to all legal formalities required to effect the transfer of the Property. The winner will be responsible for any and all legal costs and associated outlay in relation to the transfer of the Property into the winner’s name, including the winner’s legal fees, stamp duty costs, registration expenses and insurance. Any tax arising in the hands of the winner shall be for the winner’s account and the Promoter shall have no liability or responsibility in relation thereto. If more than one person’s name appears on the ticket, the prize will be awarded to the person who owns the email address provided at the point of purchase (the “Nominee”) and it shall be the responsibility of the Nominee to arrange for the distribution of the prize to any other persons so entitled. The allocation of the prize to the Nominee by the Promoter shall be in full and final settlement of any and all claims arising directly or indirectly in relation to the winning ticket and it shall be the sole and exclusive responsibility of the Nominee to arrange the distribution of the prize to the relevant persons at the Nominee’s sole cost and expense. If the Winner or the Nominee fails to take all necessary steps to complete the transfer of the legal title in the Property to him/her within six months from the date of the completion of the
Draw, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and select a replacement winner.
10. Disclaimer: Neither the Promoter, nor its employees, officers, trustees, agents, committee members or other volunteers who assist in the Draw accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered as a result of entering the Draw or accepting a prize. Nothing in these Terms shall exclude the liability of the Promoter for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence. The Promoter shall not be liable
for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control.
11. Changes to these Terms: If any of these Terms are found to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then the relevant Term(s) shall be deleted from these Terms and the remaining clauses shall remain full in force and effect. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the Draw and these Terms in the event of any unforeseen circumstances or any actual or unanticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the Promoter’s control. Any material changes to the Draw will be notified to entrants as soon as possible. While tickets are generally non-refundable, if the Draw is permanently cancelled, the Promoter will refund the entry fees received.
12. Disputes: These Terms shall be governed by the laws of Ireland, and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts.